Airtable Trigger - Possible Instructional Issue

Regarding the Airtable Trigger, the instructions (the ‘i’ near the ‘Trigger Field’) detail that it requires either a ‘Created Time’ or ‘Last Modified Time’ field, where as in my experience I’m finding it ‘has to have’ a ‘Created Time’ to work/execute, and will not trigger solely with a ‘Last Modified Time’ field.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:

Hi @spessex, I am sorry to hear you’re running into this behaviour.

I tested this on n8n.cloud with a field like this:

My trigger node was configured like so:

The workflow including the trigger ran as expected:

My table does not include a a created time time field. So I am afraid I can’t seem to reproduce the issue you have reported.

Would you be able to describe your scenario in more detail? How does your Airtable look like and which change did you make that didn’t get picked up by the trigger?

Thanks for getting back, but since I last created this post, I’ve been working several hours between various n8n workflows and I just can’t remember the salient points to describe it. However, if it occurs again I will certainly provide all the information :slight_smile:

I’ve just setup what I believe is the same scenario and getting the same issue. See screenshots.

So in this example I have a simple Airtable Table called ‘TEST’ with three columns. As suggested I’ve only used ‘Last Modified’ column in Airtable as the trigger field and again I’m getting ‘ERROR: The Field “Last Modified” does not exist’. Please note it makes no difference if the ‘Last Modified’ field in Airtable is based on “All editable fields” or “Specific fields…”, the result is the same.

I think I’ve figured out what the issue is. If I include the ‘Last Modified’ in the ‘Additional Fields’ along with '‘Checkbox’ it executes.