Alternatives to Postgresql to run N8N

Hey team

Latest N8N on Kubernetes with 10 workers, Postgresql in its own dedicated DO Droplet managed under scalegrid.

Running N8N on a managed Postgresql at the moment, but the database is filling up significantly and clearing executions isnt working, need to truncate and vacuum the execution tables daily, something I dont recall ever having an issue with under our MySQL db setup prior to the change over.

I have some workflows that handle screenshots and PDF merging, seems to fill up the db fairly hard.
10gb per week.

What are people using?
Ideally a db connection configuration without SSL to make the kubernetes easier to config.
We run our db connections within a local VPN in the data centre

Alternatively, looking for a better way to clean up the executions - dont really like doing it from a db level as I dont know what files have been downloaded to the K8 volumes.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

I had the same problem with sqlite… everyday database was getting bigger and bigger and the envirments variables did nothing

Hey @Dwayne_Taylor,

We only support 2 options, SQLite or Postgres.

Clearing the executions should be working ok, I have checked my local instance and the database is correctly removing old records. Do you have the filesystem mode set for your n8n instance and have you checked the other env options around removing data?