Always Output Data option is ignored in Postgres node on executeQuery operation [from N8N v0.237.0 - v1.x onwards]

In the new Postgres node version (“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.postgres”, “typeVersion”: 2.2,) the Always Output Data configuration option is ignored. As it always output data.
Only the typeVersion 1 of the Postgres node works as expected.

• Example in n8n-nodes-base.postgres typeVersion 2.2:

Example of executeQuery operation that has no results, with Always Output Data = false:

• The output of the query is empty, but the node is still giving { “success”: true}. This is not the expected behavior having the “Always Output Data” disabled.

• Example in n8n-nodes-base.postgres typeVersion 1:

In prior Postgres node versions (“type”: “n8n-nodes-base.postgres”, “typeVersion”: 1) this works as expected.
Example of executeQuery operation that has no results, with Always Output Data = false:

• The output is empty as expected, because the query has 0 results.

This behavior is creating issues on workflows based on the output of the postgres nodes. The current workaround is to use the “typeVersion”: 1 on the newer N8N versions.

Hi @pbdco, I am so sorry for the trouble. I was confused by this as well.

Can you try upgrading to n8n 1.5.1? This should come with the below fix:

The typeVersion of the updated Postgres node would be 2.3, you’d need to manually overwrite this after upgrading your n8n version (or add a new Postgres node from scratch).

1 Like

Hi @MutedJam thank you for your response!

I’ve seen the fix in that PR but unfortunately I cannot upgrade to v1.x because of this :sob::

I was wondering if this fix could be backported to v0.2x or Postgres node v2… until the above behavior is fixed/changed in future 1.x versions…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.