AMQP (RabbitMQ) post

I try to use the AMQP node to sent some data to my RabbitMQ. But I would need an example. It’s not clear for me how I need to configure the node to sent my payload and headers to my RabbitMQ - I don’t even find the option for payload.

Shouldn’t there be an option for exchange and virtual host? I mean normally I sent a message (payload and headers) to an virtual host > exchange. Is topic == exchange?

About the “payload”. The data which gets send is the input-data of the node.

You will, however, have not much luck with RabbitMQ as mentioned by @leonardlin which created the node here on the pull-request:
https://github.com/n8n-io/n8n/pull/101#issuecomment-549050458

He wrote: “It only works for amqp 1.0. RabbitMQ is famous for staying with amqp 0.9.”

Do sadly not know enough about AMQP and/or RabbitMQ to know if the exchange/virtual-host issue has to do with the version mentioned above or if that feature is simply missing.

1 Like

RabbitMQ supports AMQP 0-9-1, AMQP 1.0, MQTT and STOMP
AMQP 0-9-1 Protocol Specification — RabbitMQ

RabbitMQ implements AMQP 1.0 via a plugin. However, AMQP 1.0 is a completely different protocol than AMQP 0-9-1 and hence not a suitable replacement for the latter. RabbitMQ will therefore continue to support AMQP 0-9-1 indefinitely.

If I manage to install this plugin I might be able to use this node to talk to RabbitMQ :crossed_fingers:

I’ve noticed that the AMQP node does not use any client library to talk to AMQP. In this case there is no advantage to use it. Then I will stick with the HTTP API of RabbitMQ: RabbitMQ Management HTTP API

RabbitMQ nodes got released with [email protected]

1 Like