AMQP Trigger does not close a connection when triggered manually

I’m making a workflow that should trigger by AMQP Trigger when a new message appears in the ActiveMQ queue.

I noticied 2 problems with the Trigger when it triggered manually.

AMQP Trigger does not close a connection

If I click the “Listen For Event” button on the Trigger properties window and no event occurs after 30 seconds of waiting, I receive an error:

The error is okay, but it looks like an exception for n8n, so it does not close a connection to the AMQP server. Also if I listen for events two times with no messages, I am unable to receive any messages further in UI anymore: it looks like they are read by connections stuck in the background.

~ $ netstat -anp | grep 5672
tcp        0      0 10.10.0.2:42654         10.10.0.4:5672          ESTABLISHED 8/node
tcp        0      0 10.10.0.2:51812         10.10.0.4:5672          ESTABLISHED 8/node
tcp        0      0 10.10.0.2:39246         10.10.0.4:5672          ESTABLISHED 8/node

Unable to stop listening to events

If I click the “Stop Listening” button on the Trigger properties window during event listening, nothing happens. The Trigger continues listening until a timeout of 30 seconds occurs. Then one more connection remains in the background.

To continue testing of the workflow I can only restart n8n, which is quite inconvenient.

Information on n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.7.1
  • Database: PostgreSQL
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_MODE setting: regular
  • Running n8n via: Docker
  • Operating system: Linux

Hi @nixikanius, thanks so much for reporting this and sorry for the trouble this causes.

I was able to reproduce the problem and shall add this to our engineering backlog for a closer look and a fix.

Hello, is there any news about bug fix?

Hey @nixikanius,

Not yet, It is set at high priority though so should be should be picked up soon.

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 8396.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.