Android phone integration (new to n8n)

Hi! Newbie here, ready to try n8n. I come from IFTTT. As far as I can see, there is no android app for n8n. Is there anyway I can integrate my phone status (mainly location -when I get home, when I leave home-, or when I connect to certain wifi AP) to n8n. For example: when I get home, add a line to Google Sheets with the date/hour. Can I do this natively with n8n or maybe I should try to integrate n8n with MacroDroid via webhooks? Any suggestions?

1 Like

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @BarajasFernando, welcome to the community :tada:

You’re quite right, n8n does not currently come with a mobile app, so it does not have out of the box functionality to read phone data I am afraid.

So you would indeed have to go through a separate service here if you want to trigger n8n workflows based on your phone location for example. Seeing you are coming from IFTTT, you could even combine IFTTT with n8n (and have IFTTT send a webhook to your n8n instance for example).

If you’re on android I highly recommend the app Tasker, though it has a pretty steep learning curve, it is very very powerful.

Personally for automations set up to my location (home or away) I handle those trigger events in Home Assistant (Which then can send webhooks with data to n8n to do anything else you want)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, @MutedJam. I’m trying to ditch IFTTT because of the new policies/pricing, and move to N8N as a substitute.

1 Like

Good idea. I used Tasker some time ago (I even bought the payed version), but now I’m using Macrodroid, which is -in my personal opinion- somewhat easier to use and maybe more powerful. I also use Home Assistant, so I’ll try some integrations that way. Thanks a lot, @liam

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.