API creation

Hello everybody
I’m not professional but I love to use this tool, this time I would like to send datas via an url, so that an external program can read this datas every day and import them.
The software wants json, it makes an “API call” and I should give him an url.
I have ordered my datas and transformed them but I don’t know how to create the url ?
Sorry I have no knowledges I’m just searching on the web.

• **n8n version: Version 1.18.1
  • **Database (default: SQLite):SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
  • **Operating system:Ubuntu 22.04

Here is my workflow

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Thibault,

Just to check, you want to call a url then have n8n return the result from your workflow? If that is the case you will need to add a webhook node to your workflow and that will give you the url you can call. Something like the below will do the job and will result in a json array being returned when you visit the webhook url.

1 Like

Hey @Jon ! Thar’s really great !! Thanks for your quick answser, it works pefectly. I didn’t know that a this webhook node could do that. In my mind it has always been a trigger. Thanks for your advice !

2 Likes

Hey @Thibault,

I guess it is a trigger really, You are calling the webhook url and that is triggering the workflow.

You are right @Jon I just begin to understand how webhooks work :innocent:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.