Appending a Google Sheet with xlsx file created in n8n

Me again I am afraid,

I have created a workflow that downloads a csv file converts it JSON, filters for UK data and then converts the JSON to xlsx.

What I cannot wrap my head around is how I then append this to a google template sheet I have in mydrive. I have tried many times with the google sheets node append and append & update but the sheet does not update or if it does it only brings back the header rather than the 500+ rows of data that I need to show.

I know I am pretty close to resolving this but need that bit of extra help to get me over the line…many thanks

Alex

Information on your n8n setup

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello @villa1980

Why do you need the Convert node? You can append items into google sheet node directly.

Hi barn4k,

I am very new to n8n and this is my second workflow that I have created so probably including unnecessary nodes :slightly_smiling_face:
I have now got it to append to the google sheet from the csv, however, when I add a new file to append to the google sheet, it keeps adding the previous file data to the google sheet and not the data from the new file

Can you provide a workflow?

I think I have found the issue, the download part was looking at an old filename so kept updating with that. Have changed it now to look at a generic name and seems to have worked. Newby mistake methinks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.