Asana returns Error 403 for GET requests after implementing CDN

Describe the problem/error/question

Hey all!
I have scenario that contains an Asana node where I use GET method to get a task details. The run of the node always returns a 403 error (see below).

I was searching Asana forum and found this: [Change] Infrastructure (CDN) rollout and potential new 400 & 403 errors - Changelog - Asana Forum

Here it says:

GET requests with a body Historically, our API has been lenient in accepting GET requests with a body and ignoring the body content. Moving forward, any GET requests with a body will be rejected with an error.

I tried to find if n8n is sending a body in GET requests here and if I read it correctly, it doesn’t. I am not experienced in this so I might be incorrect.

But even if n8n doesn’t send the body, I am getting this error. I can try to mimic the request with the http node (I am open to other ideas) but I think it worth sharing.

Please let me know if further details are needed.
Honza

What is the error message (if any)?

03 - "\n\nERROR: The request could not be satisfied\n\n403 ERROR\nThe request could not be satisfied.\n\nBad request.\nWe can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.\n
\nIf you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.\n
\n\n\nGenerated by cloudfront (CloudFront)\nRequest ID: wfSi17787oJKWxZzV6UsN3y2ggUTXfoTzEq1JXpYWACyDQPhGHQBMg==\n\n\n\n" - ERROR: The request could not be satisfied 403 ERROR The request could not be satisfied. Bad request. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront) Request ID: wfSi17787oJKWxZzV6UsN3y2ggUTXfoTzEq1JXpYWACyDQPhGHQBMg==

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.25.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system: MacOS
1 Like

Unfortunately we have the same problem with Asana. Have someone found a solution?

Just putting my vote here for a fix ASAP please!

Looking at the Github link posted, perhaps despite being the body being set as null it is still creating a body with the value of null and posting it with the request.

1 Like

Hey All,

I put in a fix for this earlier today which has been merged and can be found below, When we do the next release this will be available but I do have a docker image that can be used if anyone wants to also give it a test.

1 Like

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 8404.

1 Like

Thank you, I can confirm the problem works on my side. :raised_hands:

1 Like

That is good to hear :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.