Authentication Issue with Snowflake Node on n8n

Hey,

I’m reaching out because I’ve run into an authentication snag with the Snowflake node in n8n. Whenever I try to set it up, I’m hitting a username/password error, even though I’ve double-checked to make sure all my settings are correct.

OperationFailedError: Incorrect username or password was specified.
    at createError (/usr/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/snowflake-sdk/lib/errors.js:538:15)
    at Object.exports.createOperationFailedError (/usr/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/snowflake-sdk/lib/errors.js:326:10)
    at Object.callback (/usr/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/snowflake-sdk/lib/services/sf.js:684:28)
    at /usr/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/snowflake-sdk/lib/http/base.js:125:26
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)

Here’s the deal: I usually access Snowflake via a corporate platform with single sign-on (SSO), which means I don’t have to log in to Snowflake again once I’m authenticated on our main platform. Therefore, within the n8n’s Snowflake node, I’m using the credentials from our corporate login, as those are the only ones available to me.

I’m wondering if there’s a mismatch between the SSO credentials and what n8n’s Snowflake node expects. Any insights on how to configure the node to work with this type of SSO authentication setup? Any tips or similar experiences would be really helpful.

Thanks for your assistance in advance!

Best,
A.J

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:1.11.1

Hey @eimus,

Welcome to the community :tada:

Our node currently only supports Snowflake authentication rather than the SSO options. Do you know which SSO option you are currently using and if you do is it Okta as that looks like something we could in theory add support for in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.