Auto executing scheduled events

I have a list of scheduled post to post on Twitter with day and time. That list is stored on google sheet.
Is there any trick to set nodes that can post those post at the scheduled time instead of by fixed time in the trigger note?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Use a schedule trigger with an interval of the time you want. This sets a trigger workflow that reads your scheduled time and activates the posting trigger.
The easiest is y using a different trigger or a schedule trigger

1 Like

@mivtool I made a way for you to do it.

It takes two separate workflows, one to check the spreadsheet on a schedule then another to schedule the individual tweets. The workflows are in this post, you can actually just copy the code from them and paste it in your editor.

I made a spreadsheet like this.
If you name the rows the same thing and only need time and content then you won’t need to adjust any fields

Screenshot of spreadsheet

1st workflow

This is the workflow that checks your spreadsheet. For every row that has a dateTime after the execution time but before one hour after the execution time, it will execute the 2nd workflow.

What you’ll need to change

• All of the credentials
  • The spreadsheet and columns
  • The workflow ID in the last node (can find the 2nd workflow ID in the url)
  • If you add more fields, you’ll need to define them in the Define fields for tweet node

2nd Workflow

This will take the fields from the first workflow and schedule the actual tweet

What you’ll need to change

• Credentials for the twitter node

Potential Issues

Ensure your timezone is set right. If something is happening unexpected that is a good first thing to check with scheduling stuff

If you add any fields, you’ll need to manually add them to the 2nd workflow.
Add this code replacing newFieldName with the actual name: {{ $json.newFieldName }}

Let me know if you have any questions or have any issues :blush:
Liam

1 Like