Automatic Workflows

Hello Folks,

I am integrating postgres and airtable to allow automatic syncing whenever a change has been made in either of them. However my syncing are not done automatically, I have click on execute workflow for that to happen.

NB: My workflow is active

Any ideas on how to make the workflow to be executed automatically would be highly appreciated.

Welcome to the community @Anton_Odongo!

Did you activate the workflow?

Possible via the toggle on the top right on the screen:
Screenshot from 2023-08-09 13-54-23

If I understood correctly, you are looking for some kind of trigger which “fires” every time new record is added / updated / deleted in either of the source.

I’d say there are ways of making this:

1. Put Airtable trigger to catch changes from AT. On the Postgres side, you can create a trigger in the database that makes an HTTP Request. You can put both triggers in a single workflow and start synching process whenever one of them is activated.
  2. Put a schedule trigger that checks both sources every N minutes / hours. I think both AT and Postgres have a “date modified” variable which can be used to identify the latest changes. If there are any records which were added / changed within the last N mins / hours, then they should be synched. With the deleted records it’s a bit trickier, I think the only way is via outgoing trigger from AT / Postgres.
1 Like

I did activate my workflow

I have an airtable trigger which checks for any update/insertion every minute and I have activated the workflow too but still it is not automatic as required.

for postgress I havea postgress trigger which checks for any insertion and sends to airtable but that too is not automatic yet my workflow is active

Hi @Anton_Odongo, I am sorry you are having trouble.

Perhaps you can share a few more details here? Which version of n8n are you currently using, how does your workflow look like and are there any errors when inspecting past executions?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.