Automating posting for multiple social media

Describe the problem/error/question

After searching on the forum, I see some posts that automate social media post scheduling but none of them are really complete with the focus for content creators. I have multiple social media and I would like to do some scheduling on different social media. What is your current solution?
Thank you!

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

You need to be a bit more descriptive so we can provide better help.

There are lots of ways to schedule out posts to multiple platforms.

One simple idea:

You can create a google drive folder with all your completed content. From there you would create a flow that grabs a file from that drive folder every 24hr (cron trigger), upload/post that content to multiple social medias, then tell drive to move that file to a new folder called “used” (so it doesn’t use it again).

Another:

You could also do a more granular approach and have a google sheet where you have a link to each upload, description, title, etc as well as the datetime of when it should be posted. You could iterate over the rows and compare if you are in that timeframe. Cron triggering say every 4hr.

1 Like

I’m self-hosting right now. Is there a way to setup a shared folder, where I can save long form content. Then the flow grabs it and uploads it to my facebook page and youtube channel. Does that make sense?
I would like to go more granular of course to complete automate the process of content spreading

Thanks!

Depending on how you are running your n8n, you can access lical files on your P… Alternatively use a tool like notion/google frive to uypload content and files which can then be passed to your desired platform

For some platforms you will need to create the creds eg facebook application which can be a bit tricky to implement at first

Once you understand these APIs, you can then easily decide on storing the files and content offline or online

I see. What type of node would qualify for local storage? or a local file share? I’m gonna do some reading on each API endpoint I want to add. So far I hate Facebook lol I can’t understand it.
thanks for the reply

Use the read/write to file if you are running on docker. I had built a workflow on the same and lost. You can steal the idea for your user