AWS S3 Module only uses first input for folder key

Describe the problem/error/question

AWS S3 Module receives 8 records. Each record contains a field with a different folder key.

Module settings: Resource = File / Operation = Get Many / Options Folder Key = expression from each record.

What is the error message (if any)?

The output I’m getting is the same six files from the first record repeated 8 times.

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Here’s the output of the AWS S3 node, which is more relevant:

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.21.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): queue
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker / Elastic Container
  • Operating system: Alpine Linux / Docker

Hi @Lee_S, I am sorry you’re having trouble. From giving this a quick go on my own n8n instance I was unfortunately not able to reproduce this.

Can you confirm how exactly you have created the example documents on your S3 instance? Are you using actual folders or folder-like prefixes (see Understand prefixes and nested folders in Amazon S3 | AWS re:Post for the technical difference - iirc the AWS UI makes them look the same)?

Can you confirm the JSON data you’re sending to your S3 node? Thank you!

I’ve actually modified this automation several times since I posted so I can’t really dig into the diagnosis. Lets close this for now as a fluke and I’ll re-open if needed. I’m on a project where I’m doing a lot of S3 work so if it’s really a bug I’ll almost certainly encounter it again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.