Basic Composite Image after merge

I am trying to very simply use one template image on top of which I want to automatically add a file that has just been uploaded on a folder.

Both images are being taken from Google Drive.
I merge the results of the two google drive files and input it on Edit Image node.

On the Edit Image node I can’t seem to access the second image, as both of them have “data” as their binary name. I can’t seem to change that and I can’t see to figure out how to access the binaries through the expression. Please help

Btw i managed to composite the first image over the first image (over itself) which means I am doing something right.

Describe the problem/error/question

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Ioustinos_Sarris
:wave: welcome to the n8n community.

Here are a few tweaks to make your workflow work as expected:

• In the “New File” and “Template” Drive nodes you can add the “Put Output File in Field” option to rename the binary field where the image will be added. So you can have two different field names
  • In the Merge node you can select “Mode → Combine” and “Combination Mode → Combine by position”. In this way, the binary files are added to the same item. All data in n8n is passed across nodes in multiple items, and if you use Append, the binary files will end up in different items and it’s more difficult to use them together.
  • Then in the “Edit Image1” node you just have to use the right binary files fields and it will work.

Demo workflow here:

Let me know if this helps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.