Basic LLM chain issue.: Parameter "Text" is required

I couldnt able to execute the Basic LLM chain node Im getting an error: * Parameter “Text” is required.Please find the screenshot for reference . Kindly suggest

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Naved_Shaikh
:wave: welcome to the n8n community!

The “Prompt” parameter in the “Basic LLM Chain” is not used to write the prompt directly but to pick how you want to insert the prompt.

If you select “Take from the previous node automatically”, you should then input into the node a field chatInput with the text of the prompt.

If you select “Define below” you can write the prompt directly in the field “Text”.

See an example workflow here with both cases:

Let me know if this helps

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response , it helps but Im facing now an issue with new error in Open AI node.
The error is : 429 You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details. For more information on this error, read the docs: https://platform.openai.com/docs/guides/error-codes/api-errors. Open node

And once I cheked my open AI accounts and credit I still have enough credits here is the screenshot and I have also confirmed with my open AI credentials that too is fine.

kindly advice please.

Hi @Naved_Shaikh
this seems like a problem related to Open AI rather than n8n.

I suggest trying to set up a very basic workflow with the basic Open AI node to check if that works correctly.

Let me know if that works

Hi @giulioandreini
There was an issue with openAI which I have resolved but couldnt able to solve the main purpose of updating a row in a sheet with customised email in a particular row via OpenAI.Please check the screenshot and advice. Even though I have entered correct input field.Also when I open the google sheet1 couldnt able to see any updates in intended row. Kindly advice.

hi @Naved_Shaikh
a few suggestions:

1. In this case you don’t need to use the Loop Over Items. n8n will iterate automatically on each item.
  2. In Google Sheets1 node, I recommend using a field like company name, company domain, or company ID to match the update (parameter: Column to Match On). This is used to recognize the row to update in the sheet.
  3. Then in Google Sheets1 node you need to map the data coming from OpenAI to another parameter ((in Values to Update) that corresponds to the sheet column you want to fill
  4. Looking at your use case, you could probably use the Open AI node

I attach you a demo workflow you can look at:

I hope it helps!