Batch - Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '0')

Hi all

Having been happily working on a Workflow, all of sudden, without any changes, even though it was working before, the Batch node is now returning an error of ’ Problem running workflow - Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘0’)'. See image.

I’ve restarted my n8n cloud instance just incase, but the same problem occurs.

Why would this happen? How can I resolve it?

Thanks

Stephen

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n cloud stable version
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting default
  • **Running n8n via n8n cloud

UPDATE: I duplicated the Workflow and it was working again as usual just for a few attempts. I’ve manually executed the 1st & 2nd (Batch) nodes to test again and have after 3 tests, the Batch node came up with the same error again and stopped working… I have no idea why this is happening?

Hi @spessex - sorry this is happening to you! Could you share your workflow with us? It’d be ideal if you could provide us with sample data so we can run your workflow and test it out. :+1:

Hi @EmeraldHerald. I’m not ‘quite’ sure how I’ve done it but I’ve got it working again. I ‘think’ it’s to do with the node ‘after’ the Batch process node. Basically, I’ve always been on the assumption that n8n looks backwards at the previous nodes to check the data is okay/acceptable to the system before you can move on, and if it is, the node will work. However, I now think it looks at both the previous AND next node that you’re working on in assessing that all the data is acceptable. In this instance of the Batch issue, I think it was looking forward at the next Airtable node and seeing some issue with the ID field of the Airtable and thus throwing up the benign error.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.