Bug: Creating Contacts in Mautic

There seems to be a problem with the Mautic node.

It is not possible to create a contact, without providing an ID or select a “Primary Company” in the shown dropdown.

The “Primary Company” is not a required field in Mautic, as most people/subscribers don’t even own a company.

Therefore, this field should be an option rather than a requirement to add multiple contacts to a given company if needed.

I hope you can fix that asap. Thanks!

Hey @denobeno,

It looks like while we have not marked the field as required the way we load the items is expecting a value. We do have a new design feature we have recently started rolling out to nodes which would likely solve this although I don’t know where Mautic is on the list at the moment.

Does the empty expression work?

1 Like

Hey @Jon,

thanks for the fast answer.

I’ve tried a few things. Not sure what you mean by empty expression, but it seems that as long as there is no value for the ID provided that is also present in the Mautic database, no contact is created.

Hey @denobeno,

I have just given it a quick test and if you just swap it to an expression and don’t input anything it looks like it does work. You will see the icon next to field but it doesn’t appear to impact the node working.

1 Like

Hi @Jon Jon,

I just checked and you are right, it works.
Somehow the IF node before the Mautic node seemed to cause the problem, even though all the fields were filled in.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like