Bug: Creating Contacts in Mautic

There seems to be a problem with the Mautic node.

It is not possible to create a contact, without providing an ID or select a “Primary Company” in the shown dropdown.

The “Primary Company” is not a required field in Mautic, as most people/subscribers don’t even own a company.

Therefore, this field should be an option rather than a requirement to add multiple contacts to a given company if needed.

I hope you can fix that asap. Thanks!

Hey @denobeno,

It looks like while we have not marked the field as required the way we load the items is expecting a value. We do have a new design feature we have recently started rolling out to nodes which would likely solve this although I don’t know where Mautic is on the list at the moment.

Does the empty expression work?

1 Like

Hey @Jon,

thanks for the fast answer.

I’ve tried a few things. Not sure what you mean by empty expression, but it seems that as long as there is no value for the ID provided that is also present in the Mautic database, no contact is created.

Hey @denobeno,

I have just given it a quick test and if you just swap it to an expression and don’t input anything it looks like it does work. You will see the icon next to field but it doesn’t appear to impact the node working.

1 Like

Hi @Jon Jon,

I just checked and you are right, it works.
Somehow the IF node before the Mautic node seemed to cause the problem, even though all the fields were filled in.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like

Hi there, I am stuck with the same situation and changing to an empty expression doesn’t help:

NodeApiError: Bad request - please check your parameters
    at Object.mauticApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Mautic/GenericFunctions.js:37:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Mautic/Mautic.node.js:513:40)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:658:28)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:590:53

Hey @sascha.foerster,

If you manually type in the email, first name and last name does it then work?

I tried it, but I am sorry to say no. I wonder what “Time” means.

1 Like

I’ve got this same issue. n8n crate contact and even company (also required this field), but I see this alert with code 500.

NodeApiError: The service was not able to process your request
    at Object.mauticApiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Mautic/GenericFunctions.js:37:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Mautic/Mautic.node.js:513:40)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:652:28)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:596:53

I use n8n in version 0.231

Hey @automatyzuj,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

What version of Mautic are you using?

I checked this on two indepedient Mautic units. 4.4.9 and 4.4.5. First is based on Google Cloud, second on shared hosting. This bug happen when I create or update contacts with n8n. I checked others actions like ‘point change’ with successful result (no errors).

In addition, I see this message:

I probably found reason. Catalog “jms_serializer” wasn’t writable. Now, works as excepted.

1 Like

Could you explain a little bit more? Is that a N8N issue or a Mautic issue and how to fix it? Thanks!

In my case: Mautic. Catalog 'jms_serializer" in Mautic’s cache must by public writable (CHMOD change). After this change integration works correctly.

Hi there! Can you please explain with more detail (dumb here!) what you did to fix this issue?

i’ve got this error in every Mautic’s nodes:

Issues:

There was a problem loading the parameter options from server: "Bad request - please check your parameters"

Also if I try to use the ‘expression’ option, still doesn’t work.