[Bug] Why node merge just run once time

Describe the problem/error/question

What is the error message (if any)? When i use node merge with another split node, but it just is work once time.

My workflow

The first time, merge it’s work

But the second, it’s not work. Why, have bug with this node?

## Share the output returned by the last node
<!-- If you need help with data transformations, please also share your expected output. -->

## Information on your n8n setup
- **n8n version:1.4
- **Database: Postgress
- **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
- **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
- **Operating system:**

Hi @VietTran :wave: Welcome to the community :tada:

Would you be able to provide a sample workflow where you’re also seeing this behaviour? It would be helpful to see a full workflow where this is happening with some example data that we can use to play around with in testing :+1:

1 Like

hi @VietTran

the Merge node triggered two times because your poll_job and postQuery nodes have two items (so they were executed twice)

2 Likes

so, i run twice, because have some elements error and i need retry. But how i can hold on value of node “Big Query”. i need merge many time.

My solution, create second workflow, the first workflow run all item of pool_job and save into a speadread. After, i use the total results join big Query. But, it’s so unconvenient.

One option is to use Split in batches node after the bigQuery node and set the batch size to 1.

And actually, you don’t need to have Merge node here, in the create/update contact node you can refer to any previous node

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.