Bug with n8n API Update workflow

Describe the problem/error/question

If I use the n8n update workflow API method, then workflow settings > Execution Order will be flipped back to legacy mode and there is no way to set it via API. If I specify that parameter in the settings, then I will receive the error request.body.settings should NOT have additional properties. The same for the callerPolicy parameter

And an interesting note. If I will have both parameters in the payload, the error would be: request.body.settings should NOT have additional properties, request.body.settings should NOT have additional properties

Example payload for update method

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.34.2
  • Database (default: SQLite): default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): npm/docker
  • Operating system: Windows (npm) / docker

Another related bug with sticky notes. Seems if there are two sticky notes in one workflow, one will disappear and the other one will be bugged. it won’t be possible to move it or edit unless you delete it (one time). But after you have pressed the deletion button, the note will remain on its place. And now it will be movable and editable. The issue won’t happen if you edit the sticky node via API, so it seems something messy is happening when there is no id for the sticky notes

Example

@Jon can you take a look into this? Or its better to create a git issue?

Since 1.37.0 executionOrder can now be set via the public API as well.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.