Bug with node Google Drive v3 : File Upload

Gogle node v3 introduces a bug when uploading with “changeFileContent” set to TRUE :

ERROR: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘location’)

Details

Stack

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'location')
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/packages/nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Drive/v2/actions/file/update.operation.js:173:55)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at Object.router (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/packages/nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Drive/v2/actions/router.js:48:41)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/packages/workflow/dist/Workflow.js:698:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/packages/core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:53

n8n/packages/nodes-base/nodes/Google/Drive/v2/actions/file/update.operation.ts at master · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Lester_Reynolds,

What version of n8n are you running and how are you running it?

Sorry, yes : pro subscription, cloud

I have the same issue : Google Drive node trigger error : ERROR: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'location')

I am looking into this, It looks like the issue happens when the binary data option is set to filesystem which is the default for Cloud.

Should have something in place to fix this tomorrow.

Hi, I confirm the error on self-host Community Edition(docker, postgres). The setting is - N8N_DEFAULT_BINARY_DATA_MODE=filesystem . The problem does not exist on version 1.24.0, but if you switch to a more recent one, it appears. I checked on 1.25.0 and 1.25.1 there is an error.
I did not check on 1.24.1.

is there a way to make the node work in the meantime ?

Hey @Lester_Reynolds,

On cloud I can downgrade your version to pre 1.24.1 which is when I last updated the node. Drop me a DM with your cloud username and I will put your instance back to 1.22.6.

I have put in a PR to fix this which can be found below, Once reviewed and merged it will be available in a future release, This could be 1.25.2 if we do a fix build today or 1.26.0 later this week if we don’t.

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 8417.

On cloud how to get the new update ?

Hey @Lester_Reynolds,

On Cloud if you go to your dashboard (app.n8n.cloud/manage) there is an option to change the n8n version, You will need to select 1.26.0 (Latest Beta) and it will restart your instance and update it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.