CALDAV calendar options

Is there now a working workflow that syncronizes the Nextcloud calendar?

Hi folks, sorry for reviving an old thread but I just remembered this was a somewhat popular request. Just wanted to let you know that I’ve published an early version of a CalDAV community node a while back:

The repo says it’s bad idea to use it right now, but that’s because it is very limited and doesn’t have many operations. If your goal is to simply fetch events within a given time window from a calendar, this will probably get the job done:

I’ve used this node to send custom notifications to a smart clock about certain events based on the CalDAV calendar provided by my email provider Posteo for a couple of months now (using it on n8n 0.236.3 at the moment).

It should hopefully work with other calendars too, but I haven’t tested Nextcloud yet. Feel free to fork this as needed if you need more features or just let me know. It might take a bit before I can revisit this one though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for this share.
I’m pretty new using n8n, how can I add a credential to connect to a specific caldav ?
Thanks !

I’m pretty new using n8n, how can I add a credential to connect to a specific caldav ?

Hi @nmatton, to create a new credential on this custom node (or any other node) you can open the dropdown list under “Credential”, then select the “Create New Credential” option. I’ve highlighted this below:

Hope this helps!

1 Like