Can I pin a page and send it to trello, notion etc

Can I pin a page and send it to trello, notion etc

I tend to do a lot of research daily and come across a lot of websites and data that I need to either Quickly copy, pin or even bookmark a page for future reference.

Is there a way I can use n8n as a some kind of collector, quickly pin, copy and bookmark pages from the web?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Imperol, this should be possible by creating what’s called a bookmarklet sending data to n8n.

Consider a workflow with a simple webhook like this:

This accepts any POST request sent to it.

Now once you add a suitable bookmarklet to your bookmark bar you can simply click it on every website you’re on and send the current URL to your n8n webhook.

Here’s example code for your bookmarklet I’ve tested just now:

javascript:(() => {
  var currentUrl = window.location.href;
  var webhookUrl = 'https://$yourN8nInstanceUrl/webhook/1c04b027-39d2-491a-a9c6-194289fe400c';

var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();

xhr.open('POST', webhookUrl, true);
  xhr.setRequestHeader('Content-Type', 'application/json');

var data = JSON.stringify({ url: currentUrl });

xhr.send(data);
})();

In n8n you can then read the body.url field and send it to Notion, Trello, or any other service:

1 Like

Am all smiles @MutedJam. It works. Thank you

2 Likes

@Imperol that’s great to hear! If you have some down time in future, would be amazing if you could submit it as a Workflow Template for our global community to benefit from :slight_smile:

You can learn more about submitting workflow templates to our community from the Creators’ Hub: https://creators.n8n.io/hub

1 Like

I sure will. I already submitted one for posting from Wordpress sites to medium

2 Likes

Update. I have sumbited the workflow for this

The workflow can o be found on this URL Bookmarking urls in your browser and save them to Notion | n8n workflow template
Enjoy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.