hi all, does n8n prevent polling nodes from “overlapping” if a poll takes too much time, or not?
- node starts to poll, with interval “every minute”
- poll takes longer than expected (e.g. Okta has an API rate limit, so the API can tell you to “back off” for 30 seconds or more maybe)
- the poll requires to execute a few more requests for paging, which might take again some time
- now the original “minute” is over, and n8n would by default trigger a new poll
- but the previously triggered polling run is NOT done yet
can that happen? yes it is a pretty remote scenario, but given that a lost log item can lead to data inconsistency I would rather eliminate that possibility at the data layer than at the human layer (read: a ticket is being created … ).
and yes, VERY remote. still.