Cant get data in production webhook - test works fine

Describe the problem/error/question

Hey,
Im quite new to n8n but already love it.
Currently Im facing issue and right now i have no idea how to solved.
For n8n i used docker version
I have reverse proxy.

The problem im facing is connected to webhooks.

Im creating workflow.
After that im adding a webhook tigger → setting path.
webhook-test// works like a charm
But for some reason when im saving it, and turning it on, the production enviroment get no input data from request. It is just empty.
Odd thing becouse when i check execution, the data is there, but in editor there is no chance to see it.
What could be wrong?

What is the error message (if any)?

No error message at all - workflow works but im not able to use data in production enviorment

Please share your workflow

Workflow is super simple Webhook → List → Slack and it works but as i said before - no data recived.

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:1.17.1
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
  • **Operating system:Ubuntu

Have you activated the flow? If you have make sure that the “-test” is taken out of the url for your production call.

1 Like

Hey @zacard,

Welcome to the community :cake:

The bit that interests me there is…

Odd thing becouse when i check execution, the data is there, but in editor there is no chance to see it.

What do you mean by this? Can you share a screenshot?

OK so maybe ill try be more specific.

Scenario 1 - test webhook
Sending a webhook to test endpoint - No problems here im geting data, and i can use it.

Scenario 2 - going to production

So here im ofc activating my workflow and sending the same request but ofc with corrected endpoint.
What happend here.
Workflow is easy here - Webhook - List - Send slack message.
And it is working becouse slack is sending a message. Problem is that body is empty and i cant use infomation recived in webhook.
But after checking execution, i see that all data is stored there.

Main problem is about data i dont recive in editor mode but the data is visible in executions tab.
Im not sure with screeshot will help here

After sending simple : curl -X POST https://sub.mydomain.com/webhook/slack-interactive-messages --data “test”
This is what i see in production in editor tab:

This is what is see in executions tab:

Hey @zacard,

That is interesting, Can you share the full workflow? This will allow me to test without having to guess anything as I know there is a known issue at the moment that does result in data being hidde if the node name contains certain characters.

If you are using the production url though you won’t see the data in the workflow editor it will only appear in the execution log, You only get the data in the workflow editor when using the test link.

Oh ok, so this is a normal behavior :hushed:. In this specific situation im not able to use test webhook becouse the configuration of webhook link is not mine and some1 already configured using production link.
Well it seems that i need to figure this out then and configure my workflow somehow sending data first to test webhook.

Thanks for help! I really appreciate your fast replays!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.