Change multiple column values with Monday

Hi everyone,

I would like to use the Monday module to change multiple column values, but I don’t know what syntax to use to change the values of several columns at the same time.

I tried several different options while reading Monday’s documentation, but I still have an error.

Thanks for your help!

@Gaetan_Fizero remove the \. Also, depending on the column type, the structure of the JSON can change. All columns types can be found at monday.com GraphQL API

Yes I tried with different types of columns but always without success. Do you have an example with 2 text columns to start with?

Thanks again for your help!

it’s just a key value pair, where the key is the name of the column and the value is the value you want to set.

For example, to change text and text2 columns in the image above you have to send the JSON as { "text2": "text2", "text": "text1"}

Let me know if that helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help.

I do have this option but I still have an error.

Maybe the configuration is not good?

I thought the error came from the item id so I tried with the numeric id and the name, but I still have the same error.

Thank you very much for your help.

For the Item ID, I used the numeric ID. However, this does not seems to be the issue. Can you share a picture of what the Monday.com Node is retuning?

Hi, I am new to n8n and trying to integrate it to a postgres DB. The objective, for now, is simple. I just want to extract a list from postgres and add them, and then update them, on a board on Monday.
I have the data from posgres already in anode. I have been having trouble understanding how to update the info on Monday. I have searched for documentation on this but is really lacking. Can someone help? Righ now i have this problem.

The field i am trying to update is an email field. I have also tried with a date field with no luck.

The node attached keeps giving an error and I don’t know why.
thanks.

Welcome to the community @gariva

You have to do Board Column → Get Many to determine the types and ids of the columns. Once you know that, you can use the column type reference to decide which data you need to send per item. For example, I have a table with the following structure:

[
  {
    "id": "name",
    "title": "Name",
    "type": "name",
    "settings_str": "{}",
    "archived": false
  },
  {
    "id": "person",
    "title": "Person",
    "type": "multiple-person",
  },
  {
    "id": "date4",
    "title": "Date",
    "type": "date",
  }
]

If I wanted to update the name and the date columns, the Columns Values columns should be:

{
  "name": "updated",
  "date4": {
    "date": "1993-08-27",
    "time": "18:00:00"
  }
}

Let me know if that helps.

1 Like

Thanks… That worked like a charm.

Do you know where I can find documentation on what parameters each field type needs?

My next one id the email…

Great that it worked. You can find information about how to send each field in the link that I shared.

Thanks… found it.

também nao conseguir pode explicar com mais detalhes quero vincular as colunas de uma planiha google sheets com as colunas do monday