Changing "From Name" in email

I am using Gmail to send emails. Is there a way to change “From Name” while sending emails?
We are using this option in Zapier at the moment.

Thanks

Ah yes, you simply have to set the “From Email” like this:

John Smith <[email protected]>
5 Likes

Excellent. Thanks, Jan.

I’m running n8n.cloud and do not have a from option, any ideas?

Welcome to the community @wgicio !

The Gmail-Node does not have a “From Email” option. At the point in time the the question got asked (April last year) did that node node exist and what got used instead is the “Send Email” Node. On that node this option can be set.

thanks Jan!

Any plans to include this feature with the Gmail node?

Hey @wgicio!

Feel free to create a Feature Request and don’t forget to vote it :slight_smile:

It didn’t work for me. It does see mail address in ‘<>’ but not the name.

Welcome to the community @msahinciftci

Are you using the Send Email node?

Yes but I’m sending over outlook credentials btw. Since my outlook node is giving the error below, I had to use Send Mail node with outlook credentials.

“error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number”

Did you follow the instructions below to create the outlook credentials?

@harshil1712 any idea what might be happening?

@msahinciftci in your mail credentials do you have SSL / TLS enabled and if you do which port are you using? It could be that you need to use 465 or 587 to get it working.

Even though I’ve read it for a few times, I was still making a mistake. I was trying to copy Secret ID instead of value in certificates & secrets part. Sorry for that. But from name field not working in outlook neither. Am I doing something wrong again?

1 Like

Sorry for being pushy but are there any solutions for this? Both outlook and send email nodes are not changing from name field.

Added to my TODO list. I will have a look when I have time and report back.

Many thanks. I’m looking forward to this.

Is their any update on Send From in Gmail Node as it shows email id only in From Name