Chargebee integration missing items?

I am a first-time user exploring the Chargebee API integration to explore if n8n is a useful tool for us…

1. Is there a reason that not all Chargebee APIs are not supported?
  2. Is there a simple way for us to extend and contribute to the Chargebee integration?
  3. Your Chargebee integration only returns 100 records. CB’s APIs support making multiple calls with offset tokens. Is that approach supported by n8n?

Welcome to the community @gaharrington

1. Is there a reason that not all Chargebee APIs are not supported?

It looks like no one has requested all the features, and the API is quite bit, not sure if ALL resources/operations will be useful to have. We usually create nodes based on the number of votes.

1. Is there a simple way for us to extend and contribute to the Chargebee integration?

Ahh, we do not have a complete guide to create nodes just yet. Some helpful information can be found here. Keep in mind that we are always adding improvements to the docs. Hopefully, soon this will improve. To be honest, the best way to learn how to extend the node is by checking the code of a similar node.

1. Your Chargebee integration only returns 100 records. CB’s APIs support making multiple calls with offset tokens. Is that approach supported by n8n?

Yes, it does no do it. I believe this was one of the first nodes to be created, and that is the reason. However, it should do it. If you check other nodes, they have a returnAll switch that you can set to true, and the node will retrieve all items. (The node does the pagination for you)

If you are interested in extending the node, please feel free to ask me any questions. I can also create one resource with all operations, create, delete, get, getAll and update, and then you can pick it from there.

1 Like