Code node output refresh bug?

I was messing around with the code node and made a mistake, which of course happens sometimes. :slight_smile:
After fixing it, it didn’t refresh the output. It showed 10 items but no data. When editing the data(pinning function) it did show properly in that edit window. Going back to normal output window still no data.
After closing the node and opening it up again it did show the correct data again.

So The refreshing isn’t happening properly I guess.
One of those things that can be very frustrating and time-consuming to find out it is actually OK.
Hope it is clear what the issue is.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 201
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: main (queue)
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hey Bram,
I just played around with the code node in [email protected] and could not reproduce your problem. I tried editing the code node several times in different ways and the output was always correctly updated after executing again.

• Were you doing anything special while you experienced it and can you reproduce it?
  • If it’s the node’s output items that aren’t correctly displayed did you also experience this with other nodes than the code node?

Could you maybe also try out version [email protected]… maybe the data store layer refactoring from VueX to Pinia resolves the issue.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for testing it out.
I was doing a bit more complicated stuff in the code node. (hence the mistake :stuck_out_tongue: )
have since updated to the latest version and have not seen it happen again yet.
So might have been fixed faster than it was reproduced. :partying_face:

Might have been something crazy I was doing, or a small bug which is already fixed. No idea. I will keep my eye out for this one and report back. Then I will also try to get a reproducable example.

Thanks anyways! and have a nice weekend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.