Compatibility of n8n with Node.js 16

Hello n8n Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m currently facing a compatibility issue that I hope some of you might have insights on.

We are using Node.js 16 in our environment due to specific dependencies of our web applications. Unfortunately, we’re not in a position to upgrade to Node.js 18 or 20 at this time. I would appreciate it if you could provide some guidance on the following:

1. n8n Version Support: Which versions of n8n are officially supported on Node.js 16? We want to ensure that we use a version that is fully compatible and stable on Node.js 16.
  2. Installation Advice: Could anyone provide specific instructions or tips for running n8n on Node.js 16? If there are particular configurations or considerations to take into account, it would be great to learn about them.

Thank you for your assistance. I look forward to your valuable feedback and suggestions!

Hey @rashmi.fartode,

Welcome to the community :tada:

We dropped support for Node 16 when we released 1.0, I would recommend using the Docker version of n8n which then means you don’t need to worry about the node environment.

As a lot of dependencies might not support Node 16 anymore and we don’t support it there isn’t really any specific instructions I can share.

2 Likes