Hi! Maybe someone can help me with this issue. First the details:
- I am using n8n cloud (still in the free trial period)
- I want to save the output from an HTTP request node into a CSV binary which then I want to serve as the answer from a Webhook node
- The workflow runs OK
- The moment I click on Download 2 odd things happen:
The file fails to donwload due to a “server problem”
And the instance seems to loose connection (I need to wait around 4 minutes to get it back)
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Any help will be appreciated!
I think there might be two separate problems here unfortunately:
- n8n did have a bug, causing the download of files to fail on some browsers. Perhaps you can upgrade to a more recent version as described here and confirm if the issue still persists?
- As for the lost connection this might be a problem caused by the amount of data processed. This problem type is discussed here in our docs. I will be out for a while but both @Jon and @marcus are here during my absence in case you need help with implementing any of the suggestions in your workflow.
@MutedJam THANKS a lot! Upgrading the cloud instance to the latest beta version seems to have resolved the issue. I need to make more tests but so far I am not seeing the error.
One suggestion: It would be great to be able to upgrade the cloud plan without having to wait for the Free trial period to expire.
Again, thanks a lot for your quick help!
You are most welcome. The upgrade during the trial is indeed a hassle right now, but is possible. You can cancel and re-subscribe to avoid having to wait for the trial period to end like so:
When cancelling, you will get a warning about your data being deleted. However, as long as you start a new subscription immediately after cancelling, your data should remain available (as the actual data deletion takes place only once a day at 13:00 German time).
Oh this is great! Thanks again! I’ll do that! Appreciate all your help!
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.