Convert base64 file string into binary file

Hi
I am trying to learn how to covert this kind of attachment (I suppose it’s base64) to binary in order to post it later in other http request. Using “convert to file” node seems not working, and I think I am doing something wrong. Would be there anyone kind enough to help me?
Best regards

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

hello @Kamil_Muras

you can do it with Convert to File node and Move base64 string to file operation.

But you’ll need to specify the file extension somehow, I don’t see any information about it in the webhook

I did try this with no succes, I should have said that, but I thought I did massive mistake.

You don’t need to specify the value of the variable. You need to specify the field name from the previous node. In current screen it will be the body.Attachments (not in the expression mode)

2 Likes

damn, this is stupid of me, any idea how to point a field from a node before a previous one? ^^

You can return it again with the Edit Fields node.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.