Create a workflow that converts Make.com scenarios to n8n

Describe the problem/error/question

I want to create a workflow that takes Make.com scenario’s code and convert it into n8n readable format.

What is the error message (if any)?

I’m not sure if what I did is right.

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Version 1.33.1
(default: SQLite)

• **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): no idea
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): self-host
  • **Operating system: MAC OS

Hey @augustin,

I like the idea but there is a good chance that the AI models don’t know the structure for all of our nodes so you may need to make your own model / vector store to do this.

Maybe in the future this is something that we could work on and it would make a good feature request.

Hey Jon,

What do you mean by making my " own model / vector store to do this."?

Hey @augustin,

As OpenAI and other models won’t be kept up to date with the changes we make to our nodes or worklfow json structure you would need need to create your own model that contains the structure and properties that we use that way when you ask for a workflow it would in theory output the correct json based on the latest data.

The downside is we don’t have this information in one file so I suspect it would take a lot of work to set something up, There was a chap that made a tool that would create a workflow from text inputs that did fairly well though I can’t remember where it is but it could be worth digging through the post history to find it as it would be a very good starting point.

Thanks @Jon,

I’ll try to find that tool!

1 Like