Credential problems with Facebook API

I’m trying to post on my Facebook Page.
I’ve a Facebook APP with a system user and a token with, seems, right permissions (token debug returns me “pages_show_list, pages_read_engagement, pages_manage_metadata, pages_read_user_content, pages_manage_posts, pages_manage_engagement, public_profile”.

The node action is “$page_id/feed”, if I try a GET it returns me last posts from the page.
If I try a POST, n8n return me a credential error: “(#200) If posting to a group, requires app being installed in the group, and \ either publish_to_groups permission with user token, or both pages_read_engagement \ and pages_manage_posts permission with page token; If posting to a page, \ requires both pages_read_engagement and pages_manage_posts as an admin with \ sufficient administrative permission”.
That permissions are “linked” to the token and the app as full access to the Facebook Page.

What could be wrong?

Thanks,
Sergio

Hi @Sergio_Durzu, I’m very sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This error is coming from the Facebook API. It’s been a while since I have used it, but iirc you could send a request to the API’s “me” node/“accounts” edge first:

This will return an access token for the page in question. You can read and use that token in a later node, here’s an example workflow showing the idea:

Does this help?

Thanks for the answer and forgive me, I had no time to try this.
And it works!

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear this works! Many thanks for confirming :relaxed: