Credentials could not be decrypted

I try to insert data from RabbitMQ trigger to Postgres.
When I manual execute workflow it’s work but when I Iactive workflow it show error.

I copy output data form RabbitMQ trigger in error execute and run it on manual , it’s work.

ERROR: Credentials could not be decrypted. The likely reason is that a different “encryptionKey” was used to encrypt the data.

Error: Credentials could not be decrypted. The likely reason is that a different "encryptionKey" was used to encrypt the data.
    at Credentials.getData (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/Credentials.js:41:19)
    at CredentialsHelper.getDecrypted (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/dist/CredentialsHelper.js:191:51)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at getCredentials (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/NodeExecuteFunctions.js:1260:33)
    at Object.router (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Postgres/v2/actions/router.js:36:25)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:658:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:631:53

n8n version : 1.9.3
execute by queue mode
deploy on docker

I would assume the reason is, that the encryption key on the workers is different to the one on the main instance.

1 Like

Fixed by setting encryption key on environment valuable.
On my case, I use same setting on main and worker node.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.