Cron, ERROR: Invalid timezone

Describe the issue/error/question

Hello,
I want to send an email every 15 minutes from monday to friday. I have used the cronttab.guru to create the next cron expression:

What is the error message (if any)?

I have receive the next message:

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

N/A

Information on your n8n setup

  • n8n version: 0.160.0
  • **Database you’re using (default: SQLite):**N/A
  • **Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:**own
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:**desktop app

Hi @franchogarcia, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble here. The node usually works fine for me, so I suspect the error might suggest an actual problem with a specific time zone.

Could you confirm which time zone you have selected in your workflow settings?

And does the problem also occur when picking a different one?

Hello @MutedJam!!
I am using the next time zone:


I have changed to the next:

But the error continues. Is it necessary to reload N8N or something similar?

Thanks so much for confirming @franchogarcia!

I tried this on my end but didn’t run into any trouble here, despite using your time zone :frowning:

So I suspect this might be related to your specific setup. Could you try installing the latest n8n desktop version (available at https://n8n.io/get-started/) and confirm if the problem persists?

If so, could you confirm if the n8n-desktop.env file inside the .n8n folder of your user’s home directory has any value set for GENERIC_TIMEZONE? Please do not share your entire file as it can include confidential data, just the line that starts with GENERIC_TIMEZONE= (if it exists).

Hi!
I have re-install again the n8n desktop and I have found the same error.
I have revised the n8n-desktop.env file and I have the next value for GENERIC_TIMEZONE:
GENERIC_TIMEZONE='Europe/Madrid'NODE_FUNCTION_ALLOW_EXTERNAL=lodash
For any reason I had in the same line both variables.
I have separated in two lines the both variables and I have put the time zone in the setup as:
image
And now it is running properly.
Thank you very much again for your support and help @MutedJam!! you are the best!!
BR

Francho

Awesome, so glad to hear this works now! Thanks so much for confirming :slight_smile: