CRON not working on Heroku instance

Describe the problem/error/question

The problem is that CRONs don’t work.
Well, sometimes they do, either because I’m active on the instance, or because the cron has just been deactivated/reactivated.
But whenever I’m not present, typically at night, the CRON doesn’t start. And nothing has been done, nothing is present in the logs, not even the expected result in a google sheet.

I have an instance of n8n deployed on Heroku. I had initially used the “deploy on heroku” button from the documentation. But as I still had the problem, I took the n8n image for Heroku from your GitHub: GitHub - n8n-io/n8n-heroku

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:**1.0.5
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Cron is managed by the hosting server, in this case Heroku. I’m a little confused as to why you would post here instead of reaching out to Heroku.

Additionally, if you are on the free version of heroku, it’s by design. In the free version of Heroku the server sleeps after 30 mins of inactivity, otherwise always on depending on your remaining monthly free dyno hours. More information here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.