CTRL+Mousewheel Zoom Jumps Out: Possible to avoid?

Hi,

Is there a way to make the UI zoom in and out by the same amount when I CTRL+mouseheel?

Currently each increment of CTRL+mousewheel_up zooms in one magnification increment at a time, as expected.

However a single increment of CTRL+mousewheel_down completely zooms out to the very smallest farthest/smallest view, regardless of what it was at previously.

It’d be nice to be able to zoom out one step at a time instead of always zooming out completely and then zooming back in a little bit.

Thanks!

1 Like

Huh, what do you know. I never noticed this but after you mentioned it I cannot unsee it :see_no_evil:

It doesn’t zoom out to the very smallest view for me, but n8n definitely zooms further away when using CTRL+mousewheel_down than it zooms in when using CTRL+mousewheel_up.

I’ll make sure to add this to our engineering backlog for a closer look (and hopefully fix) @jzrts!

1 Like

Have the same issue

I just noticed the problem only happens in Chrome. Firefox scrollwheel zoom works fine.

Hi folks, a fix for this has been merged: fix(editor): Zoom in/out on canvas the same amount on scroll/gesture by elsmr · Pull Request #7602 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

It should be available with the next release :slight_smile:

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 7602.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.