Custom Node Installation problem; Version update issue?

Hi there,

a user complained about not being able to install my advanced-flow-blocks on selfhosted n8n in version 1.35.0. with error message " invalid input syntax for type integer: “2.3"”
I myself am running 1.33.1 and have no comparable issue.

Checked my code and found 2.3 in several positions when configuring the INodeTypeDescription:

description: INodeTypeDescription = {
		displayName: 'For',
		name: 'for',
		icon: 'file:For.svg',
		group: ['route'],
		version: [1, 2, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3],
		description:
			'Base for a For-Loop',
		defaults: {
			name: 'FOR'
			},
		// eslint-disable-next-line n8n-nodes-base/node-class-description-inputs-wrong-regular-node
		inputs: ['main','main'],
		inputNames: ['dataIn','counterIn'],
		requiredInputs: '={{ $version < 2.3 ? undefined : 1 }}',
		outputs: ['main', 'main', 'main'],
		outputNames: ['finished', 'dataOut','counterOut'],

Full code here: n8n-nodes-advanced-flow-blocks/nodes/For/For.node.ts at master · dev4Agriculture/n8n-nodes-advanced-flow-blocks (github.com)

**Question: **
I’m not 100% certain anymore, what this “version”-Stuff was for, so my question is:
Was anything changed between 1.33.1 and 1.35.0; e.g. a VersionUpdate like from 2.3 to 2.4 that might explain the issue?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Human371BetaRelease,

It should be ok, The version is there to prevent breaking anything and we use the same thing in our existing nodes although it is also possible that we have change something.

I will check to see if I can pinpoint the version it changed in so we can work out what changed.

Hi Jon, we managed to get it running by removing this Version 2.3 from the versions List. However, it might be good for the future to have some documentation to what this version relates and how to recognize updates.

Thank you for your answer; still a great tool :slight_smile:

Hey @Human371BetaRelease,

That is not a bad idea we don’t document the 2 different version options and users may want to version their nodes.

The versions themselves though are not set by us so you are free to put whatever you want in there as long as it is a number.