DeepL "URI too long"

Describe the issue/error/question

Hello !
I am starting with N8N. I’d like to translate a Google Docs automatically from English to French using the DeepL integration. I managed to access the Google APIs, but when I configure the DeepL node, as it is a long document, I am not able to get the output.

Here is the error :

ERROR: Your request is invalid or could not be processed by the service
URI too long. If this is an API request consider putting the text parameter in the POST body.

Is there any way to configure it to a POST request as mentioned ? I tried to create a request with “Execute Command” but I also have an error (ECONNREFUSED).

I’d like to have some help if possible.

Best regards,

What is the error message (if any)?

{"message":"414 - {\"code\":414,\"message\":\"URI too long. If this is an API request consider putting the text parameter in the POST body.\"}","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Request failed with status code 414\n    at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n    at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n    at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:539:35)\n    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1345:12)\n    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"}

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Version 0.178.2
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Docker

Hi @bthv1, welcome to the community!

I’m very sorry for the trouble you’re having with the DeepL node. Could you try upgrading to n8n version 0.185.0 or higher? This version added support for longer texts in the DeepL node.

1 Like