Deleting inquiry workflow with Gmail

I need some help with a workflow for deleting lost inquiries.

My workflow is like this:

• Gmail form comes in
  • Create task in clickup
  • Create contact in Googl

When it’s lost, I want to clean up the contact in Googl - BY:

• setting the contact label to Client-Lost

I’m not sure how:

1. task in clickup has No way to link back to the contact or Gmail - And I don’t have access to web hooks on my account level
  2. I could set a label on the email - Then I can find the contact and set the label - But there are no triggers

I have nothing to trigger this automation.

Any ideas?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @bally,

I think one possible solution could be as follows:

You could have a unique identifier used in both ClickUp and Google Contacts (i.e. some common information like email address or name). This identifier can then be used to find the corresponding contact when a task is marked as lost.

Then you could use the Interval node to periodically check for lost tasks in ClickUp. If a task is marked as lost, you can then use the common identifier to find the corresponding contact in Google Contacts to update the contact’s label to “Client-Lost”.

Would be a cool template to have, so please feel free to share it :slight_smile:

That’s interesting, I don’t think we have much in terms of places to save this information in ClickUp unless you have one of the higher plans with custom fields and automation.