Hey there! I’m new here… I’d like to know how can I download the desktop version? I was watching some tutorials on YT and a lot of them use de Desktop Version, but I didn’t find this. Anyone can give me a help? Thanks a lot, dudes. 
Describe the problem/error/question
What is the error message (if any)?
Please share your workflow
(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)
Share the output returned by the last node
Information on your n8n setup
- n8n version:
- Database (default: SQLite):
- n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
- Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
- Operating system:
Hi there,
The n8n Desktop version is no longer officially maintained as n8n has shifted focus to its Cloud and self-hosted options. While a desktop application was previously available, n8n has ceased development on it to simplify its offerings and concentrate on the main cloud and self-hosted solutions.
How to Use n8n Locally (Self-Hosted)
Instead of the desktop app, you can use n8n locally by following these general steps:
-
Install n8n with npx: From the terminal, you can run `npx n8n`
-
The above command will download everything that’s needed to start n8n.
-
After the installation, start n8n by typing n8n or n8n start
-
Access n8n: You can then access n8n and start building workflows by opening http://localhost:5678.
This self-hosted approach provides the same local functionality and freedom as the original desktop application, ensuring you can build and run your workflows without relying on cloud services.
Cheers!