Difficulty Loading Files from Directory in n8n Docker Container

I’m encountering an issue while attempting to load files from a directory within an n8n Docker container. Despite the presence of files in the directory, n8n is unable to access or load them. Here are the details:

Container File Structure:

- Program Files
    - Git
        - \Program Files\Git\home\node\docker-input-files
            - file1.pdf
            - file2.pdf
        - bin
        - dev
        - home

Workflow:
Read Binary File Configs:

Error :

NodeOperationError: The file " /\Program Files\Git\home\node\docker-input-files\MTH719Lab5_W23.pdf" could not be accessed.
    at Object.createReadStream (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/NodeExecuteFunctions.js:1986:19)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/ReadBinaryFile/ReadBinaryFile.node.js:60:32)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:706:19)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:656:53
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:1058:20

Despite the directory containing files, n8n fails to load them. I’ve ensured that the directory permissions are set correctly. However, I’m uncertain about the cause of the issue and how to resolve it.

I would appreciate any insights, suggestions, or troubleshooting steps to help diagnose and fix this problem. Thank you!

• n8n version: 1.27.3
  • Database (default: SQLite): No db was installed with it
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system: Windows 10 Version 22H2

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @ege_selcuk,

How have you mapped that path to your container? Have you also verified that the paths are correct in the container?

IT also looks like in your error there is a space and you have used \ for the path but the container is linux based so would prefer /.

I have mapped them correctly and I can see that when I do bind mounts the data I input from the host machine comes up on the docker machine. However like you said there is a problem with the directories name and the problem might be resolved when I change that