Disable dark mode in the nodes

I just installed n8n via next tag to 1.47 using npm. I honestly do not like the new look in the nodes and would like to disable thsat to the default colors we had in previous versions

Is there a safe to go disabling it?

We should have an option like enable dark mode for nodes and one can select whether to turn it on or not

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Imperol

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

At the moment we do not plan to add the option to have white-nodes as we had before. However, we are planning another overhaul of the UI for the dark mode… :shushing_face:
So hopefully you will like the new look better then :slight_smile: :crossed_fingers:

Too bad this is not posible

Hey @Imperol,

Can you be clearer on what you don’t like about it? That will help us with making choices in the future.

Am more used to the dark mode with the white nodes as in the below example
In the other example I provided above, the nodes are a bit hard to identify in some cases and eg the new set node with some missing the logo/icon on the node. (Limit node was not showing the image on the node)

I just updated to the latest version and I regret it already. The dark nodes have been implemented without having thoughts around how are they going to behave considering that they have just update the background but not the icon colors.
This is stupid guys I cant literally see what the icons are.

Hey @Domenico_Rutigliano1,

Welcome to the community :tada:

It may be worth clearing your browser cache, that node should look like the image below and had the icon colour changed in 1.46.0 when we made this change.

To address this comment…

The dark nodes have been implemented without having thoughts around how are they going to behave considering that they have just update the background but not the icon colors.

The PR below is what we did to implement this, it was a lot more than changing the background colour we also added in an option so that nodes now have a “light” and a “dark” icon option we then updated almost all of the nodes to use the new icons.

We did however miss maybe 10 nodes in the first run but have since fixed those so from 1.49.0 all of the nodes should be looking good.

Switched back to the white screen. Not as pretty and better than the dark mode

Some logos/icons don’t have enough contrast. If doing the black background I think there needs to be light and dark mode icons or some type of dynamic boarder