Dynamic Variable

Good afternoon community, how are you?!

I wanted to ask you if there is any node or in some way make a dynamic variable, for example I have a situation where I have several countries, with IF nodes, and depending on each country does a certain action and I would like to know if there is something to replace it since the countries are They are deregistering and registering all the time, I don’t know if I explained it.

Regards!!!

1 Like

Hi @Internalit_Automatio, I’m looking forward to a few days off, so I am very good :wink:. Hope you’re having a good day as well?

I understand you’re looking for an easy to change alternative to IF nodes that would return a value depending on a specific input variable? I think for a large amount of different cases the Code node can be a suitable alternative. This would allow using the switch statement which can handle a large amount of possibilities.

For example like so:

Depending on the input, this example returns either a result with additional details or an error field:

This allows you to easily add new options or removing old options the code node. Simply add another snippet like below or remove the old ones as needed:

case 'de':
    $input.item.json[outputFieldName] = 'Germany';
    break;

You can still use the IF node afterwards to handle any errors in your workflow if needed.

Is this what you had in mind?

2 Likes

Hi @MutedJam Here in Argentina we come from 2 long holidays, so luckily resting hahahah.

Regarding what you told me, those 2 nodes helped me a lot, so I really appreciate this help! Then I wanted to ask you about some more situations that are coming up, such as: we’ve got a google sheet where are many suppliers, vendors, etc. Each one has specific information that we have to get from different columns and send an email with a new google sheet with the information of all fields that belongs to each supplier, so, we need to create a google sheet for each supplier and send it by gmail.

As always thank you very much for the help and have a great week!
Regards,!!

3 Likes

Hi @Internalit_Automatio, n8n really only shines when creating row based spreadsheets with items distributed across the rows in your spreadsheet. If that’s what you have in mind I think there shouldn’t be a problem creating a sheet for every item you read from another sheet.

Here’s an example:

The “Customer Datastore” node emulates your first sheet here, the loop then creates a new sheet for each of your items. To customize the columns in your new sheet you could add a Set node as well.

Running this workflow will create a new sheet for each of your incoming items:

Hi @MutedJam

It worked perfect for me!!! Thank you very much always for the help!!
Regardsss!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.