Email received on Gmail inbox but IMAP email node no longer trigger

Describe the problem/error/question

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @elsayed_mubarak, I am sorry you are having trouble.

I am unfortunately not able to reproduce the problem based on your description, perhaps you can add additional details on how exactly to reproduce a problem when reaching out on the forum going forward?

That said, it might not be worth spending too much time on this problem specifically. That’s because Gmail has dropped support for the IMAP authentication method used by n8n or will do so soon depending on your account type. See this Google support article and this announcement for details.

May I therefore suggest you remove your IMAP trigger node and instead consider using either the Gmail trigger node or the schedule trigger node combined with the regular Gmail node here?

which node should i replace with IMAP trigger , i build my business depend on email trigger, im listening on gmail inbox to get the new email with attachments, and this my workflow , the imap node no longer receiving emails , and i should restart the n8n or remove imap node and add it again to back to work !

You should replace the IMAP trigger itself with the Gmail trigger. The Gmail trigger node supports OAuth2 authentication which is the authentication method Google requires going forward.

Since you mentioned attachments, make sure you disable the Simplify option, then add and enable the Download Attachments option instead. Like so:

i will try this node and back to u again

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.