Email Trigger textHtml sometimes is a string and sometimes is a buffer?

Describe the problem/error/question

Hi, I have an issue (propably understanding) with the Email Trigger node. Someties the textHtml object is a string and other times it is an object of type buffer. How can I assure that the textHtml always is a string and not a byte buffer?

Buffer Version:

String Version (that is what I always want to use):

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.236.3
  • Database (default: SQLite): None
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Docker Linux

Hi @hbertsch, welcome to the community!

Tbh this sounds like a bug to me. Are you able to reproduce this? If so, can you download an example email for which this problem occurs as an eml file and share it with me (feel free to DM if you don’t want to share your email in public)?

Also, just in case this is provider-specific for any reason, can you confirm which email provider you are using? In case you are using Gmail, perhaps you want to test the Gmail-specific trigger node instead of the regular email trigger node in the meantime?

Thank you!

1 Like

HI @MutedJam , I will try to reproduce this issue and hand over the eml to you as a PM asap.

Sorry, forgot about your second question, The issue iccures with an Office365 hosted E-Mail address. When forwarding it from another account I do not have this problem.

Additionally: I observerd that this was working when I was activly listening for the E-Mail event, while developing and debuging the pipeline. However, when the workflow was completed and active and running in the background the issue with the buffer occures

1 Like

Hi @hbertsch, thanks so much for sharing your file!

I was able to reproduce the problem and shall add this to our bug tracker for a closer look and fix by the engineering team.

We’ll keep you updated on the progress in this thread!

1 Like

@MutedJam glad to hear that this was helpful. Looking forward to the fixed version :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.