Endless node execution

I start the process everything goes well. However, the last node runs endlessly. If I remove it, then the previous node will start to run endlessly. With a manual stop, everything is fine and despite the fact that the node wasn’t executed in n8n, the files were loaded where they should be. When a process is moved to the active state, the process runs indefinitely, and then the docker crashes and the entire n8n needs to be restarted.

What is the error message (if any)?

No

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.222.0
  • Running n8n via [Docker]:

Hi @sadsergius, I am sorry you are having trouble.

the process runs indefinitely, and then the docker crashes and the entire n8n needs to be restarted.

Can you confirm the exact error/console output n8n crashes with? Could this possibly be a memory problem (where the workflow execution requires more memory than available to your n8n instance)? If so, and seeing you are processing binary files, a first step in avoiding these could be to set the N8N_DEFAULT_BINARY_DATA_MODE environment variable to filesystem.

Thank you for your answer

FATAL ERROR: Ineffective mark-compacts near heap limit Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory

Thank you so much for confirming @sadsergius. Sounds like you are simply processing too much data as suspected in my last post.

If the aforementionted environment variable doesn’t resolve the problem for you, you might want to take a look at Memory-related errors - n8n Documentation for more approaches to dealing with such issues.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.