Enquiry on Integration for Outlook contacts to Monday.com boards

Describe the problem/error/question

Hi, I am very new to n8n integrations. I am very stucked at this project flow that I am creating for the integration of Outlook contacts to a Monday board. Ideally I would want to have all current and future new contacts in my Outlook contacts list all synced to a Monday board of mine.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Custom Values must be a valid JSON.

Please share your workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

NodeOperationError: Custom Values must be a valid JSON
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/MondayCom/MondayCom.node.js:473:35)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:730:42)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:662:68
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:1064:20

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite): 1.29.1
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): Own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud
  • Operating system: Windows 11 Pro

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:
  • n8n version: 1.29.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud
  • Operating system: Windows 11 Pro

Hi @ITVV! Welcome to the community!

It appears you were very close to getting your workflow to flow correctly. In your final Monday.com1 node, you are setting the column value to {{$json.title}}, however that evaluates to a string. If you hover over the tooltip you’ll see that is where Monday.com is expecting a JSON value.

Let me know if you need more help or if you can take it from here!

Thanks for the reply Ludwig! Yes I have hovered that previously and clicked onto the documentation link. But it brings me to this website as shown below.

Would definitely need some help on this to what’s the exact code to be inputting into the Column Values. Thanks!

*Note: I do not want to hardcode contacts in the column values but to always fetch the data from Outlook and synced it to my Monday.com board.