Environment Variable Update

Describe the problem/error/question

I have some questions:

Question 1: If I enable EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE=true, will EXECUTIONS_DATA_MAX_AGE and EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE_MAX_COUNT also work?

Question 2: If I enable EXECUTIONS_DATA_MAX_AGE and EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE_MAX_COUNT, do I also need to enable EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE?

Question 3: Does EXECUTIONS_DATA_SAVE_ON_ERROR mean that execution data is saved for errors as well?

Question 4: What does EXECUTIONS_DATA_SAVE_ON_PROGRESS do?

What is the error message (if any)?

No

Please share your workflow

No

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

And what’s the default value of these

• EXECUTIONS_DATA_SAVE_ON_ERROR
  • EXECUTIONS_DATA_SAVE_ON_SUCCESS
  • EXECUTIONS_DATA_SAVE_ON_PROGRESS
  • EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE
  • EXECUTIONS_DATA_MAX_AGE
  • EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE_MAX_COUNT

Hi @Gouravdev :wave:

If you wish to use data pruning, EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE being set to true is required. EXECUTIONS_DATA_MAX_AGE has a default age, so you would only need to set this if you want this to occur either more or less often than the default.

EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE_MAX_COUNT is optional. By default, pruning would only happen based on the age, but not based on the count. One can set EXECUTIONS_DATA_PRUNE_MAX_COUNT in addition to the max age, and in this case, n8n would prune whenever either one of these limit is reached.

EXECUTIONS_DATA_SAVE_ON_ERROR does what it says on the tin - if set to all, it will save all execution data should an error occur. Meanwhile, EXECUTIONS_DATA_SAVE_ON_PROGRESS save the progress for each node executed (true) or not (false).

You can find all the default values for these as well as their explanations here: Environment variables reference | n8n Docs

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.